Theme and Graphics
Beowulf is a great Viking-themed slot from Pragmatic Play. You’ll see a night landscape and castle in the background, and the reels are placed exactly in the centre. At the bottom, below the reels, is a panel containing all the control options. You’ve also got to hand it to the awesome soundtrack that won’t bore you for a minute. Thanks to excellent optimisation, Beowulf doesn’t slow down one bit and opens instantly. You only need a browser to run it, so you don’t have to download or install anything. If you’re looking for a slot with an interesting theme, this game is your choice. It has a medium variance and will suit any video slot enthusiast.
Gameplay and Paylines
The high paying symbols in Beowulf are the 3 Vikings, the ship, the bugle and the ring. Depending on the number of similar icons in a combination, these can pay anywhere from 75 to 12500 coins. The low paying symbols are the traditional card suits: spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts. For combinations of these you’ll receive winnings between 25 and 1,000 coins. Before proceeding directly to the gameplay, you will need to choose your stake. You will be able to bet between 0.40 and 200 coins per spin in this game.
Beowulf has 40 active lines at your disposal, giving you plenty of chances to make winning combinations on each of your spins. You need to catch at least 3 symbols in one of the lines to get a payout.
Pay attention to Beowulf – this is the best symbol in Beowulf. For a line of 5 of these icons you can get a win of 12500 coins.
RTP : 96.66%
On the reels of the slot you will see Beowulf himself and other characters of the ancient poem. Also appearing on the screen are a boat, a gold horn and coins, a ring with a stone and
multi-coloured pendants in the shape of card suits.
Now for a brief look at the special elements:
• Beowulf forms combinations not only from left to right, but also in the opposite direction, starting from the last column. He comes in stripes and can occupy the entire visible part of the reel. If it fills the entire first column, the Super Respin bonus is triggered.
• Wild is used to replace other pictures, except for scatters, in payable chains.
• Scatter brings winnings regardless of the location on the screen. Three of these pictures give a payout of one to twenty-five total bets. They also start ten, fifteen or twenty free spins.
Let’s discuss the prize features that are active in Beowulf:
• Super Respin – When Beowulf fully occupies the first reel, all the pictures in the remaining columns disappear. They are replaced with images of the hero and empty spaces. Three free spins begin. All pictures with the main character remain in the cells in which they appeared, until the end of the round. Chains of them are formed on both sides of the screen in both directions. If you manage to fill all fifteen positions with Beowulf you will win a total payout of 100,000 coins.
• Free Spins – Bonus spins take place at the rate from the last regular spin. The money will be put on the line for you by the house. The Super Respin feature can also be activated here. The game is played according to the standard rules.